Family Matters Daycare Staff
- Ashley Prater, Family Matters Daycare Director
Family Matters Childcare Center is owned and operated by Immanuel Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, Columbus, Nebraska. We are childcare center that accepts children ages 6 weeks to 6 years.
The purpose of Family Matters Childcare Center, a part of the ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church, is to follow our Lord's instruction to, "Feed my lambs." Family Matters Childcare follows this command by providing activities that stimulate physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth for children in a safe and loving environment.
- Children are gifts from God
- Children are to be loved and respected for who they are at this time in their life
- Parents are the child's first and most important teacher
- The parent knows the child better than anyone else
- Staff cannot take the parent's place
- Family ties are very important to a child's development
- To provide quality care for children in a Christian atmosphere
- To help the child feel secure
- To help the child develop self-worth and confidence
- To help the child meet new challenges through active learning experiences
To achieve our goal of quality childcare, Family Matters' staff is kept current on childcare practices and child development theories through training and in-service hours. We meet or exceed all State childcare regulations.
Our nutritional standards meet those of the Child and Adult Care Food Program. We partner with other child care organizations and make use of community resources to enhance our program.
Fees are based on an hourly rate. Parents contract for the number of hours their child will be at the center each week. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For information on rates and enrollment procedures please visit our daycare website at Immanuel Lutheran Childcare or contact Ashley Prater, Director, at (402) 562-5621.